Saturday, November 19, 2005

Allan Carrington on the Use of Technology in the Church

Hi everyone! Today's selection is a podcast produced by Allan Carrington, from the University of Adelaide, in South Australia. In this podcast, Allan interviews two individuals (Reed Sheard and Randy Meredith) from Spring Arbor University in Michigan. The focus of the interview is how their church (which happens to be Methodist) can use Internet technologies in fulfilling its mission. They mention "podagogy" (i-pod and pedagogy) and "godcasting" in looking at how podcasting can be used in the church.

The original podcast was posted on 4 November 2005 at:

http://connect.educause.edu/blog/allanadl/educause_2005_
the_merging_of_my_worlds_sharing_with_colleagues_from_
spring_arbor_university/1536

[Note that this URL is very long and appears on 3 lines.]

The posting was called "The Merging of My Worlds - Sharing with Colleagues from Spring Arbor University".

I encourage everyone to look at his original posting to see the exact technology that Allan Carrington is using to make these podcasts - interviewing 2 others and mixing the sound from 3 microphones - it seems to be a good set-up. In the podcast, he wrote:

"The podcast attached to this blog is the first time I used my new podcasting recording equipment. When I knew I was to visit the USA and be part of the excitng Educause 2005 podcasting project, I began to research how to best produce quality podcasting. This four week around the world expedition has been a journey of discovery and I know I will continue to improve in how to best plan and make educational podcasts. Please read on to see the equipment I chose to get good sound quality and in futher blogs I will continue to share what I have discovered and hope people will comment and give me further hints and of course share even better ways ... as there is always a better way."

As always, the orange title above has a link to the mp3 file with the podcast, and you can subscribe to the RSS feed for "Burks' Selections" using the address on the orange XML icon in the right column on the page.

I hope you enjoy this podcast!

Best regards,

Burks

=================

http://www.adelaide.edu.au/clpd/about/clpdstaff/carringtona.html

Allan Carrington
Instructional Designer
University of Adelaide

Allan is an Instructional Designer with the CLPD and has a background in printing, publishing, web development and educational multimedia. As well he has worked in learning and teaching in the VET sector and higher education. Allan has led schools (courses) in Hawaii and Texas USA, as well as Paraguay. He has taught in communications, marketing and research, print production and using the Internet for education. Allan has extensive experience in online collaboration and facilitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home