Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cole Camplese on Podcasting

Hi everyone! Today's selection is a podcast produced by Cole Camplese, who is the new Director of Education Technology Services at Penn State University. For the past six years, Mr. Camplese served as the Director of the IST Solutions Institute in the School of Information Sciences and Technology (IST) at Penn State.

In this podcast, Mr. Camplese talks about podcasting with the Samson C01U microphone and Audio Hijack Pro. The podcast was published on 25 November 2005 at:

http://camplesegroup.com/blog/?p=285

The show notes included:

"I recently got a new Samson C01U USB microphone and have tried a couple of times to get a decent podcast going with it. It is a great mic, but I haven’t been able to get my whole mix thing going. My big goal is to not use a bunch of goofy system settings to make it happen … I just want to be able to turn on my Mac, plug in my mic, open an application, and start recording … I don’t want to use SoundFlower or anything else — simple is the solution I am after. If this is going to make it to the classroom, it has to be easy. At any rate, here is a sample podcast that sort of talks about this post and some of the history and thinking behind it all."

Mr. Camplese's biographies can be found on his website at:

http://camplesegroup.com/blog/?page_id=68
http://camplesegroup.com/blog/?page_id=70

As always, the orange title above has a link to the mp3 file with the podcast, and you can subscribe to the RSS feed for "Burks' Selections" using the address on the orange XML icon in the right column on the page.

Best regards,

Burks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home